You need to unlock Xiaomi Bootlloader if you need to do anything fancy onto your phone. Here is a guide on how to unlock your Xiaomi phone.
- PC or laptop with Windows installed
- Download the latest version of miunlocker
- Your Phone must be connected to your PC via a cable
- PC must be able to detect the exact phone connected to it. If not , this could be a driver issue . Do fix this first before proceeding
Verify that the Mi phone that you are unlocked is added to Mi Account
This is required as miunlock software needs to verify whether you own the phone. Sign in to your Xiaomi cloud account at
Click top right, My space & devices. You should be able to see your devices. Confirm that the phone being unlocked is at the devices list
Do make sure your PC is connected to the phone. Open up Miunlock software. Please login to Mi account that is registered with the phone. You will need Internet connection for this.
Shutdown your phone and restart into Fastbook mood by holding power + Volumne down buttons together. You should be able to enter fastboot mood. Once you have entered fastboot , miunlock should be able to detect the phone.
Some fastboot only work with USB 2.0. Otherwise an error “press any key to shutdown” will appear. Do make sure you are plugged on USB 2.0 or use any USB 2.0 hub for cable to phone connection.
Click unlock and the process is quite straightforward.
Alternative Video Tutorial
How to check unlock status ?
After Unlocking you can check the phone unlock status with the following method
- Download ADB & Fastboot tool.
- Make sure the phone is connected to PC
- Type in “fastboot oem device-info”
Check the unlock status from the message displayed.